I started my career as a copywriter at J.Walter Thompson back in the ’80s, then moved to DMB&B and Saatchi Direct in the ’90s, before setting up Planet Coms Ltd. in 2005. I grew up in Surrey and studied at Copywriting at Watford College, Hertfordshire Uni . When I set up Planet Coms, my interest in digital media over the last 10 years led to an Advanced Accreditation with Google AdWords, an Authorised eZine Authorship and an Advanced Practitioner certificate in Social Media. I’ve won awards for my creative work and was voted one of Creativepool’s top copywriters in 2016. In my spare time, I teach yoga, walk my dogs and escape to Cornwall for inspiration.
I’ve worked at some ad agencies you may very probably have heard of including:
- Saatchi & Saatchi Direct – Senior Copywriter (Toyota, Lexus, Hewlett Packard)
- DMB&B – Senior Copywriter (Kleenex, McDonalds, Mars Confectionary, Pedigree Petfoods, Milky Way, Ski Yogurt, Pedigree Pet Foods)
- J. Walter Thompson – Copywriter (Nat West, TSB, Rolex)
- Doner – Copywriter (Nikon, Travelodge, Invisalign, Jaxx, Welsh Tourist Board)
“Words are loaded pistols” – Jean Paul Sartre
“Unless your campaign has a big idea, it will pass like a ship in the night” – David Ogilvy
“Promise, large promise, is the soul of an advertisement” – Samuel Johnson
“For a business not to advertise is like winking in the dark. You know what you are doing but no one else does” – Stuart H. Britt
At Planet Coms, we are lucky enough to work with some very talented people
Social Media Manager
I have always been passionate about new technologies. I started my career as a web Journalist in Naples, Italy and learned about the impact of social media on readers’ behaviour. Later, I moved to London, started a Postgraduate course in web authoring and gained a certificate in Viral Marketing. In my spare time, I love cooking, eating out with friends and travelling.
Good content always has an objective; it’s created with intent. It therefore carries triggers to action. (Ann Handley)
Persuasion is often more effectual than force. (Aesop)
Content is Fire and Social Media is Gasoline (Jay Baer)
As an experienced, hands-on, integrated, strategic-thinking Senior Creative and Creative Director. I’m used to working in UK and International environments. I’ve produced creative and branding solutions for global companies including: Hoover, American Express, Diners Club, Whiskas, Twix, Mars Bar, Hoover, Nokia, TAP Air Portugal, Pal, pet foods, Portuguese Tourist Association, PepsiCo, Motorola, Fox Kids TV, Saab Cars.
I’ve worked in international advertising agencies including O&M, Creative Business, DMB&B, Y&R Europe and Galloway & Co. I’ve also worked as an Art Director, Copywriter, Group Head, Creative Director and Agency Owner. Today, I have an outstanding track record in online and offline advertising for leading brands. I work on all aspects of a campaign across consumer, B2C and B2B. Passionate about innovation, I focus on strategy and creativity to win business and drive results.
- Art Direction
- Graphic Design
- CMS and web content
- e-marketing/viral content
- DM and SP
- B2B and B2C
- International brands\TV, radio, e-brochures, press, websites, social media
- Management of Creative
- TV direction and production
Some of my ‘truths’…
- Our success is measured by our clients’ sales graphs rather than our awards haul
- Clients should have open access to the creative brains who work on their business
- That tv, radio, posters, press, brochures, shelf-talkers, fliers, exhibitions, websites, e-news, blogs, social media, vm, content, they’re all as important as each other
- We never forget it’s the client’s money we’re spending
- That creativity alone is not enough, it has to be relevant and based on sound strategic thinking
- In approaching opportunities using lateral thinking and not regurgitating old strategies
- To the heart of the communication problem by overcoming: perceptions and prejudices to get to the truth
I’ve worked as a graphic and packaging designer for over 20 years and have wealth of experience in a range of market sectors.
As a co-founder of the graphic design consultancy Pethick & Money I worked extensively in the retail sector creating packaging both for own labels and luxury brands such as Jaeger, Burberry and Alfred Dunhill. Pethick and Money also produced high quality brochures and marketing campaigns for the commercial property sector.
I went on to become one of the founders of Rapid Action Packaging (RAP). RAP creates and manufactures award winning, patented, environmentally responsible packaging solutions for the food on the move has become the market leader in its sector (rapuk.com).
I now work with a range of companies, from start ups to fully proven businesses, developing brand identities and producing effective, creative marketing material. My work encompasses all areas of print from stationery and brochures to retail packaging. I also produce creative design for websites and am happy to work with in house programmers and technical teams.
I love solving visual presentation problems and creating designs that will effectively promote businesses and also stand the test of time.